TRACSRoster - Train Crew Rostering Software
TRACSRoster is a fully automated base roster optimiser which takes crew diagrams and creates an efficient base roster taking into account all rostering rules of a given TOC. Benefits include substantial time savings (rosters are created in minutes not weeks), resource savings, increased efficiency (including an automated spare turn placement optimiser) and complete legality of rosters. In addition the system allows an almost immediate look at time and cost implications of roster changes.
TRACSRoster - what can it do for you?
- Eliminate excess rest days (typically a base roster may contain 5-10% of 'free' rest days)
- Eliminate excess roster lines
- Eliminate "illegal" work
- Create resource savings
- Increase efficiency
- Dramatically reduce production times (minutes instead of weeks with less time spent on rostering by local managers.)
- Quantify planned changes (e.g. franchise bid work, changes to labour rules, Union negotiations, route knowledge, etc )
TRACSRoster - how does it work?
Firstly, TRACSRoster will import the train crew diagrams produced by TrainTRACS (or from another source). The user then specifies the rules and principles underlying the production of the base roster. TRACSRoster will then automatically produce an optimised legal roster by producing a legal, cost-minimised roster pattern using a shift-swapping algorithm.
TRACSRoster - data requirements
Typical data requirements for TRACSRoster are:
- A complete set of train crew diagrams
- A current base roster (for calibration purposes)
- A full list of rostering rules