£ Competitive + benefits package + stock options + bonus+ pension
Tracsis is a leading rail consultancy specialising in operational and strategic rail planning. Working with highly complex and specialised tools such as RailSys, as well as our own products such as TrainTRACS, TRACSRoster and TRACS-RS, we provide clients with efficient and best-practice solutions to many key issues faced by today’s operators and infrastructure providers.
The role will centre on provision of the technical lead within our growing consultancy team, which has been carefully selected from only the best in the industry and is made up of a wide range of specialists in performance, timetabling and scheduling working alongside software specialists, combining to deliver a first class consultancy service. This role will combine client-facing activities with project management and expert analysis. The need to develop relationships, internally and externally, is an essential requirement.
This is a senior position within the Tracsis Group and will work alongside an established management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivery of large multi-dimensional projects as well as for growing the business offering.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for delivery of all consultancy services within the London office
- Leading a team delivering operational planning consultancy services to the Rail industry, to a wide variety of clients
- Overseeing all aspects of management of the growing team, including allocation of work, review of work, project management, recruitment, liaison with associates
- Liaising with clients to scope requirements, submit proposals and deliver the projects to the required timeframes and budgets
- Performing some consultancy directly, though most of the role will involve management of other staff carrying out consultancy work Client and staff management alike
- Interfacing with the other divisions of the Tracsis group, as opportunities for collaboration arise
- Tendering for new work, and expanding the service offering
Essential skills and experience
- A proven track record of leading and managing a team of talented rail consultants including staff allocation, appraisals, recruitment of additional staff as the team grows
- Experience in providing consultancy services directly, as well as overseeing projects involving others
- Excellent technical understanding and skills of the UK rail industry, with a particular focus on operational planning consultancy
- Strong people management and first class communication and interpersonal skills
- The desire and ability to increase the service offering to increase revenues
- A willingness to be involved in business development and tenders and proposals
- Commercial astuteness
- Strong project management / project delivery skills
- An interest in the wider picture and exploring other growth opportunities to complement the current offering – Tracsis seeks to grow both organically and by acquisition which offers challenges and opportunities
- Willingness and desire to perform consultancy services directly as well as oversee them
- Experience of timetable production, Timetable Planning rules and processes is essential
- Experience of working on Franchise Bids is highly desirable
- Experience of performance modelling, train crew and rolling stock diagramming is desirable
Interested parties should send a full CV together with a covering letter and details of current remuneration to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.
Posted: 03 March 2016