Up to £28k, plus benefits
Tracsis Condition Monitoring (MPEC Technology Ltd) provides end-to-end solutions for monitoring critical infrastructure assets in real time, to identify problems and assist with preventative maintenance.
Through continued development of bespoke hardware and software products, MPEC has become a leading supplier of condition monitoring systems to the UK railway and has helped make Britain's railways safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated developer to join a small enterprise software development team. You'll be able to utilise your experience in Java development, and will be actively encouraged to develop your skills in new and upcoming technologies including; Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Hazelcast & Kafka.
As a full stack software developer, you'll have the opportunity to work on all aspects of development. With new projects always becoming available, there will be a continual challenge with the freedom to research and implement new technologies.
This is a unique opportunity to get into an agile and fast growing technology company. As a developer in a small company, you will not only be making a real difference to rail services all over the world, you will have the opportunity to help steer current and long term software development within the business.
- Small company environment, with benefits & growth opportunities from being part of the wider Tracsis group.
- Agile development approach.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunity to work on both established and greenfield projects using modern development stacks and processes.
- Modern business park location, a few minutes walk from Derby rail station.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Design, development and delivery of high quality software.
- Working as part of a team, providing support to other team members where necessary.
- Analysis of product requirements.
- Providing input for continual improvement.
- A keen interest in software development and an aptitude for modelling complex problem domains.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Object-oriented development and design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who is organised, a quick learner and team oriented.
- Java frameworks, particularly Spring/Spring Boot.
- ORM technologies such as Hibernate/JPA.
- UI/UX standards and graphical interface design.
- Version control and continuous integration systems.
- Unit testing such as jUnit and jMock.
- Databases such as MySQL and Postgres.
- Flexible working hours over a 37.5 hour week.
- Free lunch - every day.
- 33 days holiday (extendable through long term service scheme).
- Company bicycle scheme.
- Discounted commuter rail travel.
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner.
- Group bonus scheme.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Company funded sports & leisure activities.
- IET or BCS professional membership.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to tell us a little about yourself!
Recruitment agencies: It is important for us to be fully open and engage with our potential recruits right from the start. For this reason, we don't entertain applications from new agencies.
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.
Posted: 16 February 2017