£26,000 - £32,000 per annum dependent on experience and qualifications
- £26,000 - £32,000 per annum, dependent on qualifications and experience
- Based at Pride Park in Derby
- 37.5 hours per week
- Permanent contract
MPEC Technology is the leading supplier of condition monitoring hardware and software to the UK railway and has helped make Britain’s railways safer and more reliable. We get to work with technology as old as mechanical signalling, right through to the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.
As a core part of the business, the enterprise development team delivers software that receives, stores and analyses data from our condition monitoring hardware. The Centrix RCM platform processes billions of data events from across the UK, Europe and North America; providing near real-time monitoring and fault alerting on a variety of railway (and non-railway) assets.
You will be highly competent in current software development technologies, responsible for completing development items as a member of the enterprise development team. You will be working as part of an agile team, and be offered mentoring from more senior members, taking an active role in the agile environment and daily scrums. The role encompasses continual research and evaluation of new technologies, tools and delivery processes to provide quality and industry leading software, as well as developing and supporting customer relationships.
- Deliver enterprise software products to a high quality, aligned with business strategy and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Working as part of the agile team to refine user stories, provide work estimates, and weigh up alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Explaining technical solutions and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key customers to strengthen our network of product ambassadors.
Essential Skills and Qualities for the role:
- A passion for software development and delivery, with careful attention to detail.
- Solid technical skills, with experience in developing software using Java, Spring Framework / Spring Boot, Hibernate / JPA and MySQL.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Linux platform
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- Docker containerisation
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Message queue technologies such as AMQP, RabbitMQ
Benefits to working at MPEC
- Flexible working hours over a 37.5 hour week.
- 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (extendable through long term service scheme).
- Company bicycle scheme.
- Discounted commuter rail travel.
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner.
- Group bonus scheme.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Company funded sports & leisure activities.
- Lunch provided every day.
- IET or BCS professional membership.
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
To apply: email your c.v to Louise Hodgson, HR Manager to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited calls or emails will not receive a response.
Posted: 02 October 2019