04 November 15
(‘Tracsis’, ‘the Company’ or ‘the Group’)
Audited results for the year ended 31 July 2015
Tracsis plc, a leading provider of software and technology led products and services for the traffic data and transportation industry, is pleased to announce audited results for the year ended 31 July 2015.
- Revenue increased 14% to £25.4m (2014: £22.4m)
- Adjusted Pre-tax Profit(1) increased 16% to £5.8m (2014: £5.0m)
- Statutory Profit Before Tax increased 6% to £4.5m (2014: £4.2m)
- Basic Earnings Per Share increased 9% to 14.10p (2014: 12.90p)
- Fully diluted Adjusted(2) Earnings per share increased 18% to 18.32p (2014: 15.47p)
- Cash balances increased to £13.3m (2014: £8.9m)
- Final dividend of 0.6p per share proposed. Full year dividend increased 25% to 1.0p per share (2014: 0.8p)
(1)Profit before tax, plus amortisation, share based payments and exceptional items
(2)Adjusted for amortisation, share based payments and exceptional items.
Both metrics are used in research coverage on Tracsis and is included for clarity for the benefit of shareholders.
- All parts of the Group performed well in the year set against a background of dynamic transport markets undergoing significant growth and structural change
- Strong maiden performance from Datasys (acquired May 2014) with high levels of recurring software revenue
- Strong contribution from the Group’s Traffic & Data Services offering which achieved significant organic growth in the year
- Broadening of target markets for Remote Condition Monitoring outside of core UK market. Continued progress in the US and Europe
- UK rail franchising continues to provide opportunities
Post Year end Highlights:
- 4th September - Investment of up to £1m into Citi Logik Limited (‘Citi Logik’) in return for a 29.4% equity stake. This business specialises in mobile telephone data analytics and has a preferred provider with a major UK telco.
- 25th September - Completed the acquisition of SEP Limited (‘SEP’) for a consideration of up to £2.6m. SEP are leading providers of traffic management services for major sporting and outdoor events.
John McArthur, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Once again, I am pleased to report on another period of growth for the Tracsis Group with all key metrics significantly ahead of last year. Tracsis has consolidated on the strong performance in 2014 and achieved good organic growth, with revenues for the year passing £25m for the first time.
Post year end, we are delighted to have acquired SEP and completed a strategic investment into Citi Logik. These represent exciting opportunities for Tracsis and are exactly the sorts of transactions which have driven shareholder value in the past, and will drive forward growth in the future.”
John McArthur/Max Cawthra, Tracsis plc
Tel: 0845 125 9162
Dominic Emery/Matt Lewis, Investec Bank plc
Tel: 020 7597 4000
Rebecca Sanders Hewett, Redleaf PR
Tel: 020 7382 4730